she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 19:38:09 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko had been at the shoreline dispensing medical equipment when she noticed the fire breaking out in the tree line. She dashed in without second thought and didn't realize she was without Pelipper until she was facing down a rogue Blaziken setting the forest ablaze.[break][break]
"Uh, nice Blaziken," she cooed with placating hands. Blaziken responded with a jet of fire that she had to dive out the way of, landing on hot dirt. She pulled her radio immediately: "Please send support to the Northwest forest area. A loose Blaziken is setting it on fire! There's no -" but the radio shut off in her hands, perhaps overheating from the growing inferno around her.[break][break]
She released Togekiss onto the field as she scrambled back to her feet.[break][break] [break]15. Coordinate with other teams or local authorities.
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 21:00:29 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
It was a good matchup, Togekiss versus Blaziken. It wasn't the perfect type advantage, but at least Keiko held some marginal advantage, save for the burning forest around them. With clever direction, she'd likely be able to win.

As long as nobody infringed and made this fight even more complicated than it wa-

"Not to worry, pretty lady! I'll save youuuuuuuuuu!" Through the burning brush, a young man erupted with the hem of his coat ablaze. He stumbled, fell, pivoted into a deft roll, snuffing out the fires as he did so, before standing upward in front of Keiko. "I've got this!"

The fringes of his coat continued smolder as he stood in front of the Blaziken, alongside Keiko's Togekiss.

'toge toge!'

A Togepi waddled forward and spread its arms forward, as if protecting the Togekiss from harm.

07. Defend important locations or resources from harm.
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 21:29:30 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She perked up at the sound of help, but her face fell immediately.[break][break]
This was her assistance? The guy and his Togepi were underwhelming to say the least. Without Pelipper, she was out of moves for putting out the raging fires except...[break][break]
"Metronome!" She cried out. Togekiss used metronome, generating a rock tomb over the Blaziken. Which was fan and dandy, except for the conflagration. "We need to get the fire out." She looked at the newcomer, his Togepi, and back at him, feeling a little despair. She turned her head towards the shore and whistled, hoping Pelipper would return.[break][break] [break]31. Use a pokemon to suppress fires.
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 21:47:41 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Oh, she wanted to put the fire out? Damn. He hadn't brought any Water-type Pokémon. He had a Trapinch, but what the hell was he gonna do? Throw sand at the fire and pray? Could Trapinch pray? All Rex's tended to do was burrow and hide.

Still, defeating this Blaziken would likely work. The boulders thrown by the Rock Tomb had already shifted due to the Blaziken's immense strength, and it looked mighty pissed. Combined with the blaze, this was looking like remarkably dire straits. Still, that wouldn't stop him.

He'd need to find a way if he was gonna impress this chick.

"Not to worry! Check this out!" Rex grinned as he pointed at Togepi as it begun to waggle its fingers. "Togepi will save us!"

'toge toge!'

They were fucked. Still, Togepi continued to waggle, eventually producing a Metronome at its fingertips. As the Blaziken ran forward, all Rex could do was pray for a Water-type attack to stifle the wildfire.

'pi!'

The Metronome resolved as Togepi clapped its small arms together. With a flash of light, a Hyper Beam sent the Blaziken flying into the stratosphere.

27. Handle encounters with hostile individuals or pokemon.
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 21:56:44 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She had feared the worst because the rock tomb had only extinguished the fire at Blaziken's feet, but the newcomer's Togepi blasted it all... away...[break][break]
Her eyes were saucers as she took in the scene. "Um. Well, that's one problem solved." She blinked at him owlishly until a raindrop fell on her face. She looked up to see that there was a drizzle. Oh, that could only mean one thing.[break][break]
"Thank you, Almighty Sinnoh," she breathed out. Pelipper flew above, its presence summoning a gentle rain. "Make it rain!" The bird used hydro pump over all of the visible fires. Keiko turned to guy and his Togepi, curious. "Are you a Ranger?" This wasn't her usual scene as a mail investigator, but she knew she was supposed to let the Rangers lead the effort based on jursidiction.[break][break] [break]03. Address environmental hazards.
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 22:06:44 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Keiko, her Pelipper, and Rex's Togepi had saved the day today, yet she was thanking the Amighty Sinnoh? What even was that? Some sort of baseball team?

Rex couldn't help but feel a little bit miffed.

"Ranger?" The young trainer laughed and poked his thumb towards his chest, beaming as he did so. As the fire smoldered around them, he struck a brave figure, full of light and power. "No, no. I'm..."

His eyes narrowed slightly as he smiled. In the background, the Togepi danced alongside the Togekiss in some abhorrent waltz.

"Unemployed."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 22:11:07 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko had not properly steeled herself for his response, which left her emitting a bark-laugh in his face before she remembered herself. She cleared her throat, collected herself.[break][break]
"And, um, what brings you out here, Mister...?"[break][break]
Pelipper continued to finish up soaking the forest. Meanwhile, Togekiss had floated forward to bump the Togepi warmly. Keiko wanted to get out of here before people saw the scorched, wet area and assumed she was incompetent in an emergency. "Do you normally see a natural disaster and run straight into it, like, for fun?" It was a Ranger's responsibility to do that. She wasn't quite sure what to make of this guy.[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 22:20:23 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
She had laughed. He had won.

Even if it had been a pity laugh, he still had it. Even if the whole unemployment thing wasn't a joke, it had been delivered as one. He was a master of humor, knowledgeable in a thousand different ways. Everyone from Littleroot to Lilycove swooned when Althus Rex passed them by.

"Why wouldn't I? You guys were in trouble, right? What kind of loser doesn't help when a cute chick calls for aid?" He put his hands on his hips. Behind him, the Togepi was now atop the Togekiss, having somehow used Metronome to Teleport onto its back. "I'm unemployed, not a scoundrel."

His face darkened for a moment, before his scowl lifted.

"Call me Althus, and I'm gonna be Hoenn's next champion!" He pointed at himself again, beaming. "I also do autographs. Want one? It'll be worth a lot when I'm famous."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 22:37:48 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]There was a lot to unpack here.[break][break]
Instead, she only offered, "well, thanks. I'm Keiko Mori." She extended a hand, considering his offer for an autograph. The unemployed and economically challenged were frequent committers of mail fraud, so more information about him wouldn't be so bad. "I'll take that autograph. And if you're looking for work, we're always hiring more mail couriers." On her shirt was a Pelipper pin with a satchel across it, denoting her as a courier herself.[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 22:48:36 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
How many great trainers ended up as mail couriers?

A small number, Rex suspected. It didn't really offer many opportunities to practice or train for Pokémon battling. Yeah, Team Rocket occasionally tried their hardest to intercept supply lines and post in an attempt to swipe valuables, but that was a rare occurrence.

If he was gonna be the best, he needed a lot of practice.

"See, knew you wouldn't turn me down. You recognize my potential! Real recognizes real and all that." He gave a winning smile as he patted his pockets down for a piece of paper in his pocket. Eventually, he found a receipt from that time he had crashed in a crummy Slateport hotel. "Here ya go..."

His penwork was remarkably clean and flowery. He signed the receipt with 'Althus Rex' and a phone number.

"If you need help, call me!" Rex ran over to the Togekiss and Togepi. "If it's you who calls, I might even pick up!"

He grabbed his Togepi with both hands and kissed its spiky forehead.

"For now, I gotta keep helping people out. Stay safe. Now c'mon Togepi..." His expression held all the love in the world for the small egg Pokémon. "Gimme a good Metronome!"

With a waggle of a finger, the Togepi Teleported him and Rex away.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[WOPS] Keiko & Althus
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2024 5:36:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(BONUS)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB